Monday, October 20, 2008

NKOTB a guilty confession


New Kids on the Block...Jonathan Knight...Donnie Walberg...Jordan Knight...Danny Wood...JoeyMcIntire.....
OK I admit it, after years of not listening to their music, when I heard that they were putting out a new CD my heart skipped a beat!!! I am such a dork. I wasn't one of those pre=teen girls who loved the New Kids. The first concert I saw was right after graduation from high school with my girlfriend Kristine. It was at the Celebrity Theatre which is super small and you are super close to the stage. When I saw them I knew that I loved Jonathan!!! I would have totally bought this shirt back then!!!
As they grew in popularity so did the venues. I won tickets to a concert at the Los Angeles forum. It was their Christmas concert. I went with my friend Sherri. We had a blast. That time we were on the floor. The summer concert we went to our seats were WAY out there. But for that one we, Sherri and I, found what hotel they were at. We played it totally cool as we snuck into the pool area and waited for someone to show up. Danny did!! And we just hung out with him and one of Donnie's brothers. Not Mark. It's been along time since I've thought about those days. Crazy days!! Michael is glad that I have reformed to Rock music, but yes, I still bought the new CD. It's ok. But a little disappointing from a woman of 37 years. We don't want to hear about them getting it on with girls. Hello, grow up guys, you've got wives and kids. It's just embarrassing. Oh well. I missed their concert in Phoenix. Though I called Michael and told him that I was going to take the boys because we were actually down there. I was only kidding. I needed a wingwoman and I didn't have any idea who I could have called. Sherri is out of my life and I don't think I could pay Kristine to go with me. She wants to stay my friend. That's all. But I do wonder, how many of my friends are closet NKOTB lovers of the past???!!!

2 comments:

fowkes5 said...

I am NOT a fan...but they are coming to a concert here which the venue is just a block away! You could walk to the concert. Wanna come? You would have to go by yourself though, I don't think I could muster through that concert. November 14th. A gal in my ward is going.

The Garbison family said...

LOL...Kristine still owes you one for making us take her to Milli Vanilli!!! Give her a call!! LOL