Friday, October 17, 2008

I Love baking...

My boys love cooking and baking and I've been in a baking mood. I think it's the weather and the fact that the holidays are upon us. We make something at least once a week. I made some yummy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies last week and told some friends I'd send them the recipe. They are really moist and yummy for anyone who would like to try them out. This makes a ton of cookies!!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 C butter (no substitutes), softened
2 C packed brown sugar
1 C sugar
1 can, 15 oz solid pack pumpkin
1 egg
1 t vanilla
4 C all purpose flour
2 C quick cooking oats
2 t baking soda
2 t pumpkin pie spice
1 t salt
3 C semisweet chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Combing the flour, oats, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Sitr in Chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonsfuls 2 in apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Makes 10 dozen.