Thursday, December 11, 2008

Trim the tree


Since we've wanted to get a new shed out back, over the summer we took ALL of our totes filled with holiday stuff down to Mesa to put in our shed at my parents. So, we had to bring home the tree and decorations. After Thanksgiving with everyone feeling yucky, we put off putting up the tree until Friday. They were very excited to put it up and Garrett had asked me everyday that week if we were going to putup the tree. I kept putting him off until Friday. Then he wanted to play on the computer more than hang his ornaments. He finally joined in though.
The cool thing that I did for the boys was had them pick out popcorn tins that they could keep just their ornaments in. It works out very well and they get excited to find their tin each year.
I am usually the one that puts the tree up with the boys
but this year we made sure that Daddy was around to help.
I love all of our different ornaments that we've collected in our 15 years together. (yes, we've been married for 13, but have celebrated 15 Christmases.) There are special places that I put certain ornaments. Like 'Our First Christmas' Cherrished Teddie on goes right at the top in the front. Our It's a Wonderful Life one is just below our lighted snowflake topper. I was telling Michael about my favorite ornaments so that he will know to tell the boys incase I'm not around to tell them. One of my favorite ornaments that was hand made by a friend is from April Nelson. When I found out that I was pregnant with Ammon it was just before Christmas. I had told her because she was my Visiting Teacher. She made me this beautiful ornament and when he youngest son saw it, he asked, Are you sure you should give that to Amy. He didn't know I was pregnant, and knew that we'd been having trouble. She assured him that it was alright this year. It says "a child is a gift of Love...from our Father above." with Mary holding a baby outline. It's a shrinky dink and just beautiful. But now we've put up two trees one here and one at my parents. I think we're ready to get some gifts underneath them!!

2 comments:

Casey said...

Great idea to talk about your special ornaments and a great way to store your kids ornaments.

The Garbison family said...

You guys are so fun!