
My very sweet husband called me last week and asked if I would like to take our boys on the Grand Canyon Railways "Polar Express" tonight. I said that would be super fun but that I couldn't do it by myself. He said not to worry he'd called my parents and they were going to come up. My dad would be riding with me and the 3 older boys and my mom would stay with the baby. Easy enough right? Well, when my parents got to Flagstaff, my mother had some difficulty getting up the stairs onto our deck which leads to our house. She endend up falling backwards into our driveway and hurting herself. She was able to get herself up after a bit, but was really in no shape to take care of Spencer. It turned out just fine because Spencer got to come along with us and we got a cute picture of all 4 boys with Santa. I haven't scaned that one to put on but maybe later. Here are some pictures from our journey to the North Pole. It was cute because they told us that the kids needed to wear their PJ's. So wanting to join the fun, I did too.

We all squished together and got ready to depart for the North Pole.

We were served cookies and cocoa while we rode along, and listend to the Polar Express story.

I'm really glad that my dad and I got to share this experience together. We both LOVE Christmas.
After we waved to Santa at the North Pole he got aboard the train and passed out silver sleigh bells to each of the children. It was really neat to watch the expressions of my boys. Talmage kept asking me "When is Santa coming? When is Santa coming?" He was probably the most excited of all the boys!
When we got back to the depot from the North Pole, Ammon wanted to find Mrs. Claus so that he could get the special paper to write his lette to Santa. That's when we ran into the Santa photo op and had to take advantage of it. The picture is good. Thanx Dad for getting it for us. Then we found the room with the paper and Mrs. Claus so that the boys could write their letters. Ammon was very proud of his.
And my dad told me that when Talmage was writing his he made sure that when he wrote I want a Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS was crystal clear and his 1st and last name were on his letter. I hope Santa gets T's letter.
Santa should because Talmage put it right into the mail box. It was a fun night for all of us. Hopefully next year my husband and Aunts will be able to come along too.
1 comment:
How fun. My parents are taking Emma on the Polar Express here on the 6th of December. I hope she has just as good of a time as you guys did.
Post a Comment