So last year when Ammon was a 1st grader, Michael read him the first Harry Potter book. He really enjoyed it, but hasn't really wanted to move on to the next one. One day while I was at the Seagull Book Store I found a chapter book that looked like something he and Michael could read together. It's been sitting on his shelf forever. 1st of all it's the 2nd in the series, but it was such a great deal $1.99 or something, I figured I'd get the 1st one at some point. One night before bed he was looking for a chapter book to read and found this one.

He started reading it and really enjoyed it. When we went down to Mesa for Halloween I took it along with us. We tried finding the 1st book

but Michael said Seagull didn't have it. So we figured we'd look online. While we were driving home I was reading the back flap about the author, who is LDS and lives in St. George. At the bottom in small print was a name that JUMPED out at me. HOWARD LYON. Now most of you would not know who Howard Lyon is. He was the artist that did the cover and inside art work for the book. More importantly and most cool is that Howard or Howie as Michael would call him when they were growing up together, is that he was Michael's best man at the wedding. He probably wasn't the "best" man for the job of "Best Man" but Michael considered him his longest friend. I've Goggled 'Howard Lyon' and found some cool stuff. He was always very talented and is doing great in his art. Anyway, I guess I just thought it was fun that Ammon was reading a book that Howie had done the art work for. Plus I just wanted to brag that we know somebody cool. Have a great night.
No comments:
Post a Comment