Friday, September 26, 2008

Hawaii...Day 7...last full day away

WOW!! I can't believe that today is our last day in Hawaii. I guess all great vacations have to come to an end eventually and we have to return to our normal lives. Doesn't mean we have to be happy about it. Today was supposed to be beach, movie, pack up day. Which for the most part it was. We headed over to because the water would be a little clearer for snorkeling. Michael went out first and then I joined him. I was kinda nervous again and the waves were much stronger today than the other day. Different area, different current. I did ok for about 5 to 7 minutes, then water started getting into my mask and when I came up and pulled out the snorkel I got a mouthful of water. Not good...I started coughing and freaking out. Michael tried to keep me calm. I knew I wanted out of the water. He told me to float on my back to get back to the shore. It worked, and I was fine. But I knew that was it for me for the day. Mostly I just wanted to lay on the beach and read my book. Which is what I did while Michael went back out in the water. Then he decided to be super brave along with some other guys and a girl. He decided that he would And this is how he looked!!!
The 2 guys that were up there told him the longer he looked down the higher it got. I was pretty impressed with him. No way was I going up there. He snorkeled a little more and I read my book. We headed back to shower and head off to see the new movie "Eagle Eye". It was GREAT. Very intense thru out. I give it 4 outta 4 stars. We ate lunch at some Mexican place. It was alright. Needed more cheese though. I like cheese. We headed back towards the house and decided to take a quick look around the Dole plantation. Not so exciting. Too expensive for everything. Like a train ride around the plantation was $7.50 per person. Not that interested. But they did have some fun picture places.
One last stop at Matsumoto's . Michael said we can stop on our way out tomorrow. You don't get good shave ice like this at home. Granted, this is really my first time to get shave ice. It's fun. Tonight is pack up time, trying to get all the stuff we bought home. I'm excited to see my babies!!! Can't wait to see Spencer's face when he see me. Be sure to check back over the next couple of days if you want to see WHAT MY HAWAIIAN VACATION TAUGHT ME. I've already been going over it in my head. It should be good. Mahalo for checking with us everyday. Aloha.

1 comment:

Jamie and Heather Darger said...

You live in Arizona.
Please stay here.
We cannot ALL live in paradise.

Jamie