Sunday, May 4, 2008

Spencer's 1st birthday FIESTA!!






It's fun having a birthday at the beginning of summer. This year the weather was great for an outside fiesta. Spencer's birthday is May 4, the day before Cinco de Mayo, so I've been planning a fiesta for the past year. We sent out chili pepper invites. I made chili pepper shirts for the boys: Ammon's said Wicked Hot, Talmage - HOT one, Garrett - Little Hottie, Spencer - Little Hot Stuff, Michael - steamy (like McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy. I think he looks like the actor who plays him) Mine - RED HOT! I even made them for the Nana & Grandma FIESTA! And our aunts had ones like Peppery, Spicy, Mild HOT, & Fiery. If you've ever met any of our aunts you could probably guess which went with who. Over all it was a fun night with quesidellas, beans, pinata, cake and ice cream. We were so excited to have mine and Michael's aunts come, and a friend of my aunts from California. We loved having Spencer's great grandparents West there with Wade. Grandpa West has a special connection with Spencer because Spencer's middle name is West. And we had had him bless Spencer last year. Plus we had friends who we consider family there with us. We love to party with the friends and family.

No comments: